Give Away Gifts For Weddings was published on October 21, 2017 at 11:03 pm. This article is posted in the Wedding Gift category. Give Away Gifts For Weddings is tagged with Give Away Gifts For Weddings, Give, Away, Gifts, For, Weddings..
Givegive (giv),USA pronunciation v., gave, giv•en, giv•ing, n.
- to present voluntarily and without expecting compensation;
bestow: to give a birthday present to someone.
- to hand to someone: Give me that plate, please.
- to place in someone's care: If you give me your coat, I'll put it in the closet.
- to grant (permission, opportunity, etc.) to someone: Give me a chance.
- to impart or communicate: to give advice; to give a cold to someone.
- to set forth or show;
offer: He gave no reason for his lateness.
- to pay or transfer possession to another in exchange for something: They gave five dollars for the picture. He gave me the car for $800.
- to furnish, provide, or proffer: to give evidence; Let me give you my umbrella before you go out in this rain.
- to provide as an entertainment or social function: to give a New Year's Eve party.
- to deal or administer: to give a blow to someone; to give medicine to a patient.
- to put forth, emit, or utter;
issue: to give a cry; to give a command.
- to assign or admit as a basis of calculation or reasoning (usually used passively): These facts being given, the argument makes sense.
- to produce, yield, or afford: to give good results; 9 × 8 gives 72; The hen gave six eggs a week.
- to make, do, or perform: to give a start; to give a lurch.
- to perform or present publicly: to give a play; to give a concert.
- to cause;
be responsible for (usually fol. by an infinitive): They gave me to understand that you would be there.
- to care about something to the value or extent of (something fanciful): I don't give a hoot about his opinion.
- to relinquish or sacrifice: to give one's life for a cause.
- to convey or transmit: Give Aunt Betty my love.
- to assign or allot: Give every man a full ration of biscuits. They gave him the name of "Joseph.''
- to bestow (the object of one's choice) upon, as if by providence: Give me the wide open spaces anytime.
- to be connected with, as by a telephone operator: Give me 235-7522.
- to present to an audience, as an entertainer, speaker, or act: Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the governor of Texas.
- to attribute or ascribe: to give the devil his due; After long study the critic gave the unsigned work to a minor impressionist.
- to cause or occasion: She gives me a pain in the neck.
- to apply fully or freely: He gives his free time to golf.
- to award by verdict or after consideration: A decision was given for the defendant.
- to inflict as a punishment on another;
impose a sentence of: The judge gave him five years.
- to pledge, offer as a pledge, or execute and deliver: He gave her his promise. Can you give bond?
- to propose as the subject of a toast (fol. by an indirect object): Ladies and gentlemen, I give you our country.
- to bear to a man;
deliver (fol. by an indirect object): She gave him a beautiful baby boy.
- to sire upon a woman;
father (fol. by an indirect object): He gave her two children in the first five years of marriage.
- to concede or grant, as a point in an argument.
- to make a gift or gifts;
contribute: to give to the United Way.
- to yield somewhat, as to influence or force;
compromise: We can't negotiate until each side is willing to give on some points.
- to yield somewhat when subjected to weight, force, pressure, etc.: A horsehair mattress doesn't give much.
- to collapse;
fail: The antique chair gave when I sat on it.
- to be warm and open in relationships with other persons: a withdrawn person who doesn't know how to give.
- to divulge information: Okay now, give! What happened?
- to afford a view or passage;
face, open, or lead (usually fol. by on, onto, etc.): The window gives on the sea. This door gives onto the hallway.
- give and take:
- to compromise in order to cooperate: A willingness to give and take is important for success in marriage.
- to exchange ideas: an informal meeting in which there would be opportunities to give and take.
- give away:
- to give as a present;
- to present (the bride) to the bridegroom in a marriage ceremony.
- to expose or betray (a person).
- to reveal (a confidence or secret, hidden motives, true feelings, etc.): That remark gave away his real feelings.
- give back, to return (something), as to its owner;
restore: You haven't given back the books you borrowed from me.
- give battle. See battle 1 (def. 6).
- give birth to. See birth (def. 8).
- give ground, to yield before superior force, as of arms or of reasoning.
- give in:
- to acknowledge defeat;
- to hand in;
deliver: Please give in your timecards.
- give it to, [Informal.]to reprimand or punish: His father really gave it to him for coming home so late.
- give of, to devote or contribute generously of: to give of oneself; to give of one's abundance.
- give off, to put forth;
emit: The gardenia gives off a very strong fragrance.
- give or take, plus or minus a specified amount;
more or less: It will cost $20, give or take a dollar or two.
- give out:
- to send out;
- to make public;
- to distribute;
- to become exhausted.
- to become used up;
fail: The fuel gave out.
- to do or express something, esp. unrestrainedly or easily: to give out with a song.
- give over:
- to put into the care of;
transfer: She gave over all her property to her daughter.
- to put an end to;
stop: They will never give over their impossible dreams.
- to indulge in without restraint: She gave herself over to tears.
- to devote to a specified activity: The day was given over to relaxing in the sun.
- give rise to. See rise (def. 55).
- give up:
- to abandon hope;
- to desist from;
renounce: to give up smoking.
- to surrender;
- to devote (oneself ) entirely to: She gave herself up to her job and seldom saw her old friends.
- [South Midland U.S.]to consider;
deem: She's given up to be the kindest woman around here.
- give way. See way (def. 26).
giv′a•ble, give′a•ble, adj., n.
- the quality or state of being resilient;
Awaya•way (ə wā′),USA pronunciation adv.
- from this or that place;
off: to go away.
to another place;
in another direction: to turn your eyes away; to turn away customers
apart: away back; away from the subject.
- out of one's possession or use: to give money away.
- out of existence or notice;
into extinction: to fade away; to idle away the morning.
- incessantly or relentlessly;
repeatedly: He kept hammering away.
- without hesitation: Fire away.
- away with:
- take away: Away with him!
- go away! leave!: Away with you!
- do away with:
- to get rid of;
- to kill: Bluebeard did away with all his wives.
- where away? (of something sighted from a ship) in which direction? where?
gone: to be away from home.
- distant: six miles away.
- immediately off and on the way: The order was given and he was away.
- played in a ball park, arena, or the like, other than the one that is or is assumed to be the center of operations of a team: winners in their last three away games.Cf. home (def. 16).
- [Baseball.]having been put out: with two away in the top of the seventh.
- (of a golf ball) lying farthest from the hole.
- (of a golfer) having hit such a ball and being required to play first.
Giftsgift (gift),USA pronunciation n.
- something given voluntarily without payment in return, as to show favor toward someone, honor an occasion, or make a gesture of assistance;
- the act of giving.
- something bestowed or acquired without any particular effort by the recipient or without its being earned: Those extra points he got in the game were a total gift.
- a special ability or capacity;
talent: the gift of saying the right thing at the right time.
- to present with as a gift;
bestow gifts upon;
- to present (someone) with a gift: just the thing to gift the newlyweds.
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Weddingswed•ding (wed′ing),USA pronunciation n.
- the act or ceremony of marrying;
- the anniversary of a marriage, or its celebration: They invited guests to their silver wedding.
- the act or an instance of blending or joining, esp. opposite or contrasting elements: a perfect wedding of conservatism and liberalism.
- a merger.
- of or pertaining to a wedding: the wedding ceremony; a wedding dress.
Give Away Gifts For Weddings have 1 pictures including . Here are the attachments:
Beside Give Away Gifts For Weddings, selecting a correct wedding bouquets may also be very important to your wedding. Thus, here are a few tips about that. First. Budget financing could be the next issue that you need to consider. We propose that you just do not pick a bouquet of plants at a price that's very costly, you can appear sophisticated however not to spend cash that is too much. The best tips will be to pick plants based on the year when your wedding, along with simple to find, the price will also cheaper.
Aroma. Pick a bouquet of blossoms has dismal flower fresh smell or Stephanotis. Not all bouquets have an aromatic smell, nevertheless, you can outsmart by treating on cologne to your curiosity.
Objective. Plants are believed for your gown as a match. Bouquet suitable choice is straightforward rather than therefore clear if the garments you have seen packed having a selection of decorations. However when you include dress that is plain without a large amount of frills, pick a bouquet of blooms in bright colors.
Give Away Gifts For Weddings must be in accordance with the spot and also the concept of the marriage, and so must not select an arrangement. Should you execute a marriage ceremony outdoors just like backyard or the beach, select wildflowers and spectacular species.